Monday, March 9, 2009

The Real World?


I am very sorry to admit:

1) I work from 7:50 until 6:00, Monday through Friday.
2) I have a two story house and cable television (both given to me for free by the school).
3) I live in a suburban, cookie cutter home neighborhood (because of the free house).
4) I haven't climbed all week.
5) I am on this link
6) I made more money last month than I have made in the past year and a half (yes, I am sorry about this).

It seems I am a member of the real world now. However, the list of good, non-real world things is:

1) I am surrounded by 15,000+ ft peaks.
2) Quechua ladies say hello to me in the campo when I go climbing.
3) I have learned 6 words/phrases in Quechua in order to respond back (then the women giggle at me)
4) The climbing I have found and do get to do is world class, no joke.
5) I now know how to get great deals at the open air market that originally had vendors that would take advantage of me.
6) My Spanish has vastly improved.
7) I am many students' favorite teacher.
8) The school administration still thinks I am a rebel (but is happy to have me).
9) I'm in flippin' Peru!
10) This was a dream I had a year ago, and I am living it.

Not bad. Still happy to be here.

....but my head is filled with a lot of new, wild adventures once this one is over. I can't wait to get them started.

1 comment:

OC1SUP-CO said...

Josh, pretty good points. May all be well on this new adventure. Love, Dad