I'd like to stray from the Bhutanese narratives for a moment. Though, in its own way, the following story is inexorably linked to where and how I live now.
If I trace back, I can connect how I got here--a remote area of the Himalayas--to a lake in the Canadian Rockies. It was there, many years ago, that I was profoundly tested; where I started to learn about loneliness, fear, and about building a relationship with mountains. They are lessons that have guided me on every adventure I have had since.
As this is a much longer story, one that I actually wrote in 2014, I've added it to the Writing Projects tab of the blog. You can also just access it in the link below:
Finally, this story would not be complete with thanking my father. He raised me to love the mountains and he instilled in me a belief that one should seek challenge and adventure in one's life. And though at times these lessons came through unconventional methods (as the story will reveal), I believe they were pivotal in making me who I am today. I wouldn't change them for anything.
If I trace back, I can connect how I got here--a remote area of the Himalayas--to a lake in the Canadian Rockies. It was there, many years ago, that I was profoundly tested; where I started to learn about loneliness, fear, and about building a relationship with mountains. They are lessons that have guided me on every adventure I have had since.
As this is a much longer story, one that I actually wrote in 2014, I've added it to the Writing Projects tab of the blog. You can also just access it in the link below:
Finally, this story would not be complete with thanking my father. He raised me to love the mountains and he instilled in me a belief that one should seek challenge and adventure in one's life. And though at times these lessons came through unconventional methods (as the story will reveal), I believe they were pivotal in making me who I am today. I wouldn't change them for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment